Sunday 10 July 2011

The Kingslander, Kingsland

The Kingslander is a really hip bar/restaurant located in Kingsland. Some of you may have heard about their deals on daily deal websites such as GrabOne and Daily Do. I've had the chance to dine here a couple of times because of those deals and I must say I really like it.

This bar/restaurant is very big and split into sections. It has a huge flat screen on one side for those sport lovers to come in and watch the game complete with high tables, couches and fireplaces. On the other side is a higher platform with tables and chairs for dining. I really like the set up of the place. The kitchen closes at 9pm after which time most people spend the night drinking and listening to the band play.

The upstairs of the Kingslander used to be an extension of the place where they would have more tables and seating. However it has now changed into a more separate area for men to bring their dates so they can impress them with their awesome-ness (this is what the waiter told me... lol).

Now down to the important stuff. I am never disappointed by the food here. Well almost never. Josh and I came by last week, him ordering a steak and fries and me ordering a stuffed chicken breast with gourmet potatoes. Their portions are always MASSIVE so I think their pricing of say $25 for each dish is reasonable.




I can't say that the dishes are always perfect because my chicken was a little dry and one other time when I ordered pasta, it was way too creamy and almost sickening though tasty (I didn't finish the dish though). However having never left unsatisfied despite these little setbacks, we would definitely come back many times. The Kingslander is the type of place you would want to take your overseas guests who want to experience the typical Kiwi lifestyle.

I can say it's very casual yet classy because of the way it's been decorated and laid out. The Kingslander is definitely impressive. The service is also always very good and professional. They are happy to recommend a dish if you're unsure and apologize if the food is late.

The biggest downer to the place is parking. Because it is situated on a main road, you usually have to drive around hoping you would spot an empty park on the road side. However I have been incredibly fortunate in the last 2 visits where we were able to find parking right in front of The Kingslander.

So yes, if you're keen to enjoy a night out with good food and be amongst loud noises and heaps of people (though not necessarily during the weekdays), the Kingslander is for you. It's always good fun and people and you'll find yourself soon joining in with the rest of the crowd screaming 'TRY!!!' at the TV screen.

Overall rating: 4/5

The Kingslander address and phone number:



470 New North Road
Auckland 1021
(09) 849 5777

No comments:

Post a Comment